The Voice of Labor in Massachusetts
The role of the Massachusetts AFL-CIO is to serve as the unified voice of all organized workers in the Commonwealth and to be a voice for all working people, those in unions and those not yet organized. Our mission is to improve the lives of working families—by working for economic, social and racial justice in the workplace, in our communities, our state and in our nation. Our vision is of a fair and just society that benefits all working people, not a system that’s rigged in favor of the wealthy few.
The Massachusetts Labor Movement Mourns the Loss of Kathy Casavant28 Apr, 2022 Read More > The Massachusetts Labor Movement Mourns the Loss of Kathy Casavant
We Applaud the Court's Decision to Protect Our Strong Employment Laws15 Jun, 2022
On behalf of the half million Massachusetts AFL-CIO members in Massachusetts, we applaud the court’s ruling against this effort by out-of-state Big Tech CEOs to manipulate our laws in order to line their own pockets.
AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
In The News
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Kari Cecil of SMART-TD -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: AFL-CIO’s Labor 2022 Website Goes Live -
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Rodney Neatrour of IAM -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: IUOE Local 501 Demands Answers on Resorts World’s Ties to China Following Company’s Attempt to Bust Union -
- Unions Give People an Opportunity: The Working People Weekly List -
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Mike Gage of IBEW -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: New Jersey State AFL-CIO Hosts 26th Annual Labor Candidates School -
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Reece Murtagh of IAM -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Enter the Unions Power America Sweepstakes; $75,000 in Prizes -
- Freight Railroad Worker Stories: Justin Ratcliffe of BRS -