Are You Ready to Vote?
This November, organized labor will combat the power of organized money. We’re voting to protect our freedoms—and our voices will be heard. Sign the pledge to vote in November.
The Voice of Labor in Massachusetts
The role of the Massachusetts AFL-CIO is to serve as the unified voice of all organized workers in the Commonwealth and to be a voice for all working people, those in unions and those not yet organized. Our mission is to improve the lives of working families—by working for economic, social and racial justice in the workplace, in our communities, our state and in our nation. Our vision is of a fair and just society that benefits all working people, not a system that’s rigged in favor of the wealthy few.
The Massachusetts Labor Movement Mourns the Loss of Kathy Casavant28 Apr, 2022 Read More > The Massachusetts Labor Movement Mourns the Loss of Kathy Casavant
We Applaud the Court's Decision to Protect Our Strong Employment Laws15 Jun, 2022
On behalf of the half million Massachusetts AFL-CIO members in Massachusetts, we applaud the court’s ruling against this effort by out-of-state Big Tech CEOs to manipulate our laws in order to line their own pockets.
AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
AFL-CIO News Feed
- What Are Apprenticeships? -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Secretary-Treasurer Redmond Helps Kick Off National Apprenticeship Week -
- Engaging Voters Every Day: The Working People Weekly List -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: AFGE Records Biggest October Membership Growth Since 2015 -
- I Drove the President's Motorcade in New Mexico -
- National Native American Heritage Month Profiles: Charles Smith -
- National Native American Heritage Month Profiles: Christopher Kee Anaya-Gorman -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: Illinois Labor Movement Wins Workers’ Rights Amendment -
- Election 2022: Thank You -
- Every Vote Counts: What Working People Are Doing This Week -